Highest Rated Gain Stories
Stories are displayed on this page if they have been rated by four or more people and have a rating of over 60%.
1) BEFORE PICKING UP THE PHONE WRITE DOWN THE DETAILS OF YOUR EXPERIENCE AND PROBLEMS IN FULL, AND THINK OF A FAIR SOLUTION (I DEMANDED 12 GIG OF DATA FOR FREE TO COMPENSATE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE TO MY BROADBAND SERVICE)
2) CALL VODAFAIL
3) ANSWER SECURITY QUESTIONS AND GIVE THEM YOUR DETAILS AS REQUIRED
4) ASK FOR CALL OPERATOR'S DETAILS: NAME, CALL CENTRE LOCATION, EMPLOYEE NUMBER (THIS ENSURES THAT THEY ARE ACCOUNTABLE AND THAT THEY WON'T "ACCIDENTALLY" HANG UP ON YOU IF THINGS GET TRICKY, LET THEM KNOW YOU'LL NOTIFY VODAFAIL SHOULD THE CALL DROP OUT)
5) STATE YOUR PROBLEM IN FULL. DO NOT LET OPERATOR INTERRUPT.
6) (OPERATOR WILL NOW COMMENCE MAKING EXCUSES OR DISMISSING YOUR COMPLAINT) AT THIS STAGE YOU CAN TELL THEM THAT THEIR EXCUSES ARE NOT NECESSARY, AND THAT THEY HAVE 2 CHOICES:
OPTION 1) THEY CAN GIVE YOU COMPENSATION (MAKE A SPECIFIC DEMAND AND STICK TO IT: E.G. 2 FREE MONTH'S PHONE USAGE, OR 12 FREE GIGS OF DATA - THINK OF THIS BEFORE CALLING)
OPTION 2) YOU WILL CONTACTING THE "TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY OMBUDSMAN", "THE AUSTRALIAN COMMUNICATIONS AND MEDIA AUTHORITY", "TODAY TONIGHT" AND "YOUR LOCAL NEWS PAPER". YOU WILL JOIN THE CLASS ACTION WITH LAW FIRM "PIPER ALDEMAN" AND SUE VODAFAIL BECAUSE YOU ARE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION
7) TELL THE OPERATOR TO GO AND TALK TO HIS/HER MANAGER
8) THE OPERATOR WILL COME BACK SAYING THEY CAN GIVE YOU SOMETHING SMALL (E.G $20 OFF YOUR BILL OR 1 GIG FREE DATA). IF THAT IS NOT TO YOUR SATISFACTION TELL THEM THAT THEY ARE FORCING YOU TO TAKE OPTION 2 AND THAT YOU WON'T ACCEPT ANYTHING LESS THAN WHAT YOU STATED IN OPTION 1
9)THEY WILL GO AND TALK TO THEIR MANAGER AGAIN
10) THEY WILL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU ASKED FOR AND TELL YOU THEY JUST WANT TO RETAIN YOU AS A CUSTOMER
11) SAY THANK YOU AND THAT YOU APPRECIATE THEM NEGOTIATING AN AGREEMENT, AND THAT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO BE AN "ANGRY CUSTOMER" BUT THEIR APPAULING SERVICE CAUSED YOU TO HAVE TO CALL THEM. LET THE OPERATOR KNOW THAT YOU HOPE NOT TO HAVE TO MAKE THIS CALL AGAIN
IF THEY DON'T GIVE YOU WHAT YOU ASKED FOR IN OPTION BE PREPARED TO TAKE OPTION TWO AND FOLLOW THROUGH WITH IT.
KEEP IN MIND EVERY SINGLE COMPLAINT TO THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS OMBUDSMAN RESULTS IN VODAFAIL BEING FINDED $190, SO THEY WILL BE HAPPY TO GIVE YOU FREE STUFF TO STOP YOU FROM COMPLAINING. IF YOU RUN A BUSINESS YOUR COSTS COULD BE MUCH HIGHER THROUGH LOST BUSINESS REVENUE - IN THIS CASE DEMAND PROPORTIONAL COMPENSATION, AND IF THEY FAIL TO COMPENSATE YOU ACCORDING TO THE INVONVENIENCE CAUSED THEN JOIN THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT THROUGH LAW FIRM PIPER ALDEMAN
for the past 6 years ive been with vodafone and 3, when 3 was just new i went to them (just because they had good deals) and the 4 years i was with them, no complaints no worries, no nothing, been with vodafone now for a couple of months, again no worries, no stress, no problems, no issues..
no i lie, the only issue and problems im getting is with other people who are bagging me out, telling me im wrong and stating how the service doesnt work for them, so i must be wrong. how am i wrong, if i never had an issue??
Gain = now with Telstra and I can make calls and access data.
Gotta agree with the comments below , Dont abuse the people on the phone , Its not thier fault this is happening.
the service was just as bad so I decided to do what other were doing and jump ship.
called up vodafone on 27th Jan to complain about the service.
they said 'oh, we'll lodge a network evaluation with our technicians and get back to you in 3 days'
reading what other fellow vodafailers had posted, I knew they weren't going to get back to me so I decided to email the TIO.
got a call from a lovely girl from Vodafone today (8th Feb)allowing me to exit the contract and port to another carrier with the option of paying for my iPhone 3GS 32GB for $100 which I accepted.
so now I am free of vodafone and im going to pop into a telstra store tomorrow morning and start enjoying a good connection :)
to ANYONE who is with vodafone and wishes to get out of there contract follow these simple steps.
1. Call vodafone, complain about recepion/coverage.
2. Email/Call TIO and tell them all the details.
3. Recieve call from Vodafone resolution center.
4. THATS IT.
and thanks to all that have shared their gain, has made my experience much less stressful.
What did the Vodafail executives say when CEO Nigel Dews said he was quitting?
"you can't quit, we've got you on a 24-month contract"
One Vodafone customer calls the other. What did they say?
What does it﻿ matter they couldn't hear eachother.
Constipated? I suggest signing up with Vodafone. Their mobile coverage is guaranteed to give you the shits.
Thanks again, MB in Cairns
After registering a complaint with the TIO, I informed Vodafone on the next exchange that I was done talking to them until such time as I knew the TIO had contaced them. No More. As a guess, I have some 10-20 hours of calls recorded.
Today, someone in Australia from Vodafone called me. They were ready to play ball and see the end of me.
The contact (name I failed to get. My failing there. He was everything I wished Vodafone had been the past three months.) and I reviewed the history. I explained to him, I dissect spin every day. Just cut to the chase.
I recently changed from prepaid to contract. I am two months into a 12 month contract. My remaining contract was waived, no exit fees. Plus, they had already given me two free months. Basically cancelling out everything. Last was the phone to deal with. An LG Optimus. Retail about $260. Asked to send back, or make an offer to buy. I offered $100. They took it.
I have now gone w/ iinet. Who operate on the Optus network. Not the cheapest rates. However, I have been with iinet for years with my internet. The best customer service I deal with. Always honest, even when there have been faults- which are rare. Happy to spend money with a company who wants to supply a top notch service.
The saga is not complete yet. Once my new SIM cards come (moved my wife too) and the whole shebang is complete. I will post a comment saying so.
Thanks to this website and all the troubled folks who shared tales of woe.
This shows the power of the people when focused. Thank the Flying Spag Monster for the Internets. Our Voice. Our Power!
I finally called vodafone to start my process of getting out of my contract, however after talking to the technicians and then cancellations they allowed me to port my number over in the next hour.
the main hints that i can really give you is that :
1) Explain your situation clearly ! tell them what ur experiencing, i had no recpetion in my own house, and 2 bars outside, and clearly told them that im paying them for a 3g service that i dont even get in my own home !! its ridiculous that i would have to go outside just to recieve phone calls.
2) Be polite ! i myself work for a mobile carrier, and i can tell u that the people that come in yelling and screaming are the ones we end up not giving a shit about and hand balling to another department.
3) Be clear on what you want ! The Technicians offered me 25% off for the next 3 months, the cancellations team offered me 50% off for the next 3 months, but both were unacceptable, why am i paying for a service i dont get ?
4) if you don't get what u want hang up politely ! if Cancellations team refuse to Waive the ETC's for you just grab their name, and a interaction (note) number and hang up and go to TIO.